Tuesday 22 May 2012

COLLECTION - 1


The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
- A. A. Milne


History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
- Abba Eban


How many legs does a dog have, if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it a leg.
- Abraham Lincoln


Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
- Abraham Lincoln


When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
- Abraham Lincoln


Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Abraham Lincoln


You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
- Abraham Lincoln


To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
- Abraham Maslow


My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.
- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.


I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few.
- Adolf Hitler

No comments:

Post a Comment