Tuesday 29 May 2012

COLLECTION - 11


The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don’t have to waste your time voting.
-Charles Bukowski


An inventor is simply a fellow who doesn’t take his education too seriously.
-Charles F. Kettering


Bureaucrats write memoranda both because they appear to be busy when they are writing and because the memos, once written, immediately become proof that they were busy.
-Charles Peters


By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.
-Charles Wadsworth


He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
-Chinese Proverb


One dog barks at something. And a hundred dogs bark at the sound.
-Chinese Proverb


I hear: I forget / I see: I remember / I do: I understand
-Chinese Proverb


Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs.
-Christopher Hampton

No comments:

Post a Comment